Research at the Institute of Biochemistry
The staff of the institute at the CCM of Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin are involved in the various special research areas (SFB) of the German Research Foundation (DFG), national and international collaborative projects as well as in the excellence cluster "Neurocure".
You are here:
Research areas of the Institute of Biochemistry
- Analysis of the protein degradation by the Ubiquitin-Proteasome-System (UPS) as part of the immune response against viral infections and the role of the UPS in the development of neurodegenerative diseases like Multiple Sklerose, Parkinson or Alzheimer.
- Molecular and structural analysis of the Ubiquitin-Proteasome-System.
- The development of mathematical models to the computer-assisted simulation of metabolic processes.
- The pathogenesis of cardio-vascular diseases.
- Adipositas and metabolic syndrome.
- The analysis of the molecular structure of proteins.