Research at the Department of Biochemistry
The staff of the institute at the CCM of Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin are involved in the various special research areas (SFB) of the German Research Foundation (DFG), national and international collaborative projects as well as in the excellence cluster "Neurocure".
You are here:
Research areas of the Department of Biochemistry
- Biochemistry and systems biology of cellular metabolism.
- The pathophysiology of inflammation.
- The enzyme-evolution of lipoxygenases and glutathionperoxidases.
- Analysis of the protein degradation by the Ubiquitin-Proteasome-System (UPS) as part of the immune response against viral infections and the role of the UPS in the development of neurodegenerative diseases like Multiple Sklerose, Parkinson or Alzheimer.
- Molecular and structural analysis of the Ubiquitin-Proteasome-System.
- The development of mathematical models to the computer-assisted simulation of metabolic processes.
- The pathogenesis of cardio-vascular diseases.
- Adipositas and metabolic syndrome.
- The analysis of the molecular structure of proteins.